To celebrate these partnerships, the Sandbox will launch a new LAND Sale on the 28th of April 2022 which will allow players to buy LANDs and become a part of the Mega City neighbourhood.
The sandbox expands the cultural hub that is the mega City in its second phase. New entrants such as Ocean Park, Standard Chartered, Regal Hotels Group, Tatler Asia, EVI, Brinc, MADworld, Gameone, Chord Hero, Time Gates of Hong Kong Pop Culture, and UFO School. The brands come from a wide array of fine industries of tourism, hospitality, culture, media, education, banking, investment, music, and entertainment, enabling The Sandbox to build a culturally vibrant community that represents the city.
- The Sandbox is leaving a new LAND Sale to allow players to buy LANDs and become a part of the Mega City neighbourhood on April 28, 2022.
- The Ocean Park will bring its immersive experiences, events and products in never-before-seen formats to the sandbox. It will also bring to life brand new virtual gaming experiences like missions, explorations, and animal interactions, guiding visitors to explore Ocean Park from a new perspective while offering unprecedented enjoyment with endless creativity. Furthermore, it will provide a fresh opportunity for fans to revisit discontinued attractions that they miss. A series of exclusive NFTs of Ocean Park’s most iconic symbols will also be issued.
- Standard Chartered will be developing a goal of experimenting and building new experiences for clients and the community in the metaverse utilizing Web3 technology. Standard Chartered will be doing this with its partners and clients, the community they have built through SC Ventures Fintech Bridge, other stakeholders, and the Bank’s own team. As part of Mega City 2, Standard Chartered will focus on a number of use cases that bring the Hong Kong experience to The Sandbox. The team is excited to be a part of this ecosystem and looks forward to collaborating with other institutions.
- Regal Hotels Group is creating a green metropolis in the Sandbox metaverse known as the MetaGreen.With a view to inspiring people to achieve carbon net zero by 2050, MetaGreen promotes sustainable living and long-term decarbonization by incentivizing the adoption of eco-friendly behavior and green consumption choices in everyday life. Immersive play-to-earn experiences that provide a bridge between virtual gaming and the real world and NFT assets will be utilized as rewards to engage The Sandbox users in this environmental ‘edutainment’ model. MetaGreen will feature a thriving ecosystem of six unique and interactive districts, including a futuristic ‘net zero’ hotel and residence showcasing the latest sustainable ‘proptech’, a metaverse convention center, a shopping mall with a bank and retail store, a virtual classroom offering a university-designed environmental curriculum for secondary students, online-to-offline biosphere activities, and a green art gallery. Acutely aware of the environmental impact of proof-of-work protocols, MetaGreen has specifically chosen to partner with The Sandbox, due to its current migration to the eco-friendly Polygon blockchain and carbon offset pledges. Likewise, MetaGreen has already purchased more than double the carbon credits necessary to reverse its limited Ethereum emissions thus far. For more information, please visit http://www.metagreen.city.
- Tatler Asia, one of Asia leading luxury media groups behind the most iconic magazines, digital media, and experiences, will shape the future of luxury in The Sandbox through exclusive experiences in collaboration with the world’s most prestigious brand partners. Tatler will bring the best of culture, fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle to The Sandbox (including the first-ever ball in the metaverse in partnership with M+ museum), and the Gen.T summit, which brings together the young leaders shaping Asia’s future.
- EVI Services Limited (EVI), a Hong Kong-based education and information technology company providing learning and teaching support to the education community through physical classrooms and online platforms for primary schools, kindergartens, parents, and students in Hong Kong and China. Metaverse Entertainment Limited, a company focusing on movie production, movie distribution, and artist management will together build EVIland, an education and entertainment metaverse hub, in The Sandbox. EVIland will indulge players with educational and entertaining experiences through a virtual library, an exhibition hall showcasing digital arts and works created by players, environments to host classes and competition events for school and students, and an occupational role-playing game. Metaverse Entertainment Limited will bring immersive entertainment experiences to EVIland by providing metaverse cinema, concerts, and imaginative games. Exclusive NFT private passes will give access to unique experiences that will take place at EVIland.
- Brinc, a leading global venture accelerator founded on a sustainability mandate, has extended its support for game changers through the development of a shark tank-type of experience in The Sandbox. Aiming to educate, entertain, and inspire all in the metaverse, the “Brinc Cosmos” will be a live ideation, pitch stage, and future world. Startup founders and project leaders will be able to connect with an audience of live judges to display and demonstrate their Web3 businesses across key categories of Arts and Culture, Blockchain, Digital Entertainment, Food Technology, Climate Change, and many more. The “Brinc Cosmos” will promote teams backed by the global venture accelerator – as well as curated entrants – and teach how Web3 can play a key role in sustainability and climate change. Judges, mentors, and visitors will be offered exclusive rewards such as tokens and NFTs for active participation through voting, engagement, and game play. Founders on the Pitch Stage will gain necessary exposure and a chance to secure investment. In January 2022, Brinc and The Sandbox announced The Sandbox Metaverse Accelerator with US$50 million committed to 100 startups enhancing the open metaverse. The program’s most recent callout received more than 800 startup applications within the first month.
- MADworld, a venture backed by Animoca Brands, is dedicated to bringing the best of global culture to Web3. MADworld uses Web3 technologies to promote its mission of delivering Connectedness, Culture, and Community to the masses. In partnering with The Sandbox Mega City 2 project, MADworld will create a one-of-a-kind, cohesive approach to tie together gaming experiences with this global phenomenon.
- Gameone is a well-established game company based in Hong Kong which has developed and published many popular games. Gameone will create a unique interactive experience and bring its games into The Sandbox, creating a metaverse called Gameone City. Forming the innovation hub for Mega City 2, Gameone City will provide both unique and familiar experiences including a modern Hong Kong Pavilion, Wuxia costume city, and ACG sci-fi paradise. Gameone City will offer a new vision of fantasy adventure that extends from the ancient world to the future.
- Chord Hero is a startup that specializes in making music learning fun and affordable for everyone by using gamification and technology. Its do-it-yourself Maker Ukulele Set combines STEAM, art, gamified music education, and environmentalism in one product that has brought fun and affordable music learning to families and schools worldwide. Now, Chord Hero is bringing its expertise in gamified music education to Mega City 2 in The Sandbox. Its first project is an exhibition venue to showcase and sell NFTs of digitized ukuleles painted by students offline. The initiative encourages students, parents, and educators to experience the metaverse while showcasing the artistic skills of Hong Kong students to the world. Half of all proceeds from the sale of these NFTs will be donated to the non-profit HKSEA to boost arts education in Hong Kong.
- “Time Gates of Hong Kong Pop Culture” is a metaverse project in The Sandbox, in which the world’s largest collection of King of Kowloon’s street art will make its debut, along with Asia’s largest anthology of art toys, stationery, and comics books. A cultural icon who covered the streets of Hong Kong with his graffiti for over 39 years, Tsang Tsou Choi (1921-2007) used a brush and ink to proclaim himself The King of Kowloon (KOK) – the heir to the birthright that fueled a lifetime of artistic output. With his signature style, Tsang wrote himself into the collective memory of generations of Chinese, both under British rule and in the post-handover era. Enlivened in NFT and digital forms, a large portion of never-before-seen artworks will be available in The Sandbox Mega City 2, immortalizing Tsang’s legacy. Curated by HONG KONG CREATES, this project provides four creative online and offline experiences integrating the KOK NFT art museum, the first learn-to-earn Chinese Hanzi metaverse academy, a storytelling playground built on the KOK’s eccentric calligraphy that tells interesting stories about Chinese and Hong Kong history, art, and culture, as well as an interactive game with an offline treasure hunting game linked to the NFT collectables.
- UFO School, a subsidiary of the HKEX-listed education group “HK Education (Int’) Investment Limited”, is an IT academy and STEAM education provider. With the arrival of the metaverse era, UFO School is introducing the revolutionary “Learn-to-Earn” model in Education that will be exhibited collaboratively with The Sandbox. UFO School will gamify its Masterclass Programs in Music, Arts, STEAM, Design, and IT taught by globally renowned instructors in The Sandbox. Enrolled students will receive tokens or NFTs as they learn. Upon graduation, they will receive certificates in the form of NFTs embedded with a smart contract. The best work pieces produced by graduates in the form of digital assets will be showcased in a Hall of Fame gallery inside The Sandbox. UFO school is the official partner of The Sandbox providing training for talented individuals who want to become creators or architects inside The Sandbox. The learn-to-earn model enables students to convert their vocational skills to provide service to LAND owners. Working with its local school partners, UFO school will launch virtual events, art exhibitions, concerts, and ceremonies in The Sandbox.
Mega City 2 LAND Sale
On April 28, 2022, The Sandbox will launch the Mega City 2 LAND Sale, which allows everyone to purchase LANDs in the Mega City 2 neighbourhood. LANDs purchased by the partners can be seen on The Sandbox map. Premium LANDs also include exclusive premium NFTs curated by our partners. LAND owners can host events, gaming experiences, or social hubs – the possibilities are limited only by imagination!
BITVoxy.com participates in affiliate programs to help cover operating expenses. We may earn/receive a small percentage of sales(Commission) from affiliate links. Learn more.