SteelKrill, The makers of The Backrooms 1998 and Trenches have announced a new horror title dubbed “Rotten Flesh”.
In this cosmic horror game, you play the role of a pet owner who needs to find your lost dog by literally shouting his name through your microphone in order to find him.
If you don’t have a microphone and simply don’t want to wake/annoy your neighbours with odd shouts of “ROY” (Yes, that’s the name of our dog) from your living/bed/gaming room then you have the option of forgoing the immersion and switching off voice input.
Turning the option off switches the game to a voice-acting setup however if you want total immersion, you can always go for it…
Features of Rotten Flesh
- Weapon system: Find weapons to protect yourself and fight your way.
- Microphone Input: shout for ‘ROY’ on your microphone to call for your dog, if he is close Roy will bark back. However, your dog is not the only one down these tunnels.
- Terrifying story: Venture the terrifying and disturbing sewers and tunnels that were supposedly occupied by a leading cult. Discover secrets and find your dog, Roy.
- PSX Gameplay: PSX-style graphics combined with cosmic horror will leave players with hair up their skin.
- Puzzle Solving: Find clues, solve puzzles and try to advance to the next objectives.
- Survival elements with a full inventory system, objectives, clue-findings and tools to help you escape.
- Puzzles to unsolved, mysteries to uncover. Use your mind to overcome obstacles that you will find in your way.
- Stealth System: Try and sneak through the terrifying enemies that can only be seen by scanning them.
- Hiding System: Hide from the enemies under tables, while trying to stay quiet as they can hear you from your microphone when you are in hiding mode.
- Gut Wrecking Moments: Walking on broken glass can make noises that the enemy may hear, the same as moving crates or knocking over objects. all these things can give away your position. Try to evade them or use them to your advantage.
- Inventory Management: Find supplies, upgrades, health packs and more items that will be vital for your survival.
No word as of yet on an exact launch date but the game is available on Steam.
SteelKrill is an independent solo game and asset developer which is primarily focused on creating innovative horror games for both PC and console.
Rotten Flesh Official Trailer