The Sagicor Foundation has announced that it is now accepting applicants for its Secondary and Tertiary Scholarships.
The Sagicor Foundation is a Jamaican-based charitable arm of the Sagicor Group, a full-service financial services company that operates in 19 countries in the Caribbean, Latin America, the UK, and the USA. The group offers banking, life, health, general insurance, and real estate services.
The aim of the Sagicor Foundation is “to be a great company committed to improving the lives of people in the communities in which we operate”, and one great way of doing this is through their scholarship program.
Who can apply?
Deadline: The application deadline for both scholarship programs is on June 9, 2023.
- Scholarships are available to students pursuing their first degree only at selected universities/colleges in Jamaica. Students at any level (year) can apply.
- Scholarships are valued at up to $300,000 and is made payable directly to the
university to cover tuition expenses.
- These scholarships are open to children of parents who are covered under Sagicor Life Jamaica Government Employee Administrative Services Only (GEASO) and Commercial Health Policies.
- Parents are to apply for their child/children through their company’s Human Resource Department or Administrator of their Health Plan.
- The Champion boy and girl of the annual Jamaica Teachers’ Association/Sagicor National Athletic Championship are also awarded secondary scholarships.