Looking for a password manager worth the premium price? what are the best password managers out there?
In this article, we take a close look at the best way to manage multiple passwords and what these solutions can offer you.
6Keeper Password Manager | Premium Starting at $2.91 per month
Keeper is a password manager application and digital vault created by Keeper Security that stores website passwords, financial information, and other sensitive documents using 256-bit AES encryption, zero-knowledge architecture, and two-factor authentication.
Keeper offers two types of pricing plans, Business or personal. Personal plans start as low as $2.91 per month or $34.99 per year for its Keeper Unlimited Plan and its Keeper Plus Bundle, topping off at $4.87 per month or $58.47 per year.
Business plans start at $3.75 per month or $45 a year for its Keeper Business plan and an inquiry needed for its Keeper Enterprise plan.
Apps are available for macOS and Windows PC’s while apps are also available on Android and iOS.
There are also browser extensions/plugins for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, and even the old Internet Explorer(If you are still using it).
51Password | Premium starting @$2.99 per month
1Password remembers them all for you. Save your passwords and log in to sites with a single click. It’s that simple.
1Password encrypts your passwords while saving them in the cloud, making them available on a wide array of platforms and web browsers. 1Password’s premium service is jam-packed with features you truly would expect from the Premium password managers.
- A digital Vault to store all your credit card, bank and other payment information.
- You can even keep multiple vaults for different types of passwords.
- It features a password generator for creating really secure passwords right down to various levels of difficult/hardness.
- Secure Notes to keep password related notes and/or general notes private
The service is priced at $2.99 per month ( which is $35.88 per year ) however you can try their 30-day free trial which will allow you to test the services before subscribing to their premium subscription plan.
1Password is available on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, along with plugins for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
4RoboForm 8 Everywhere | Free and Everywhere Premium at $19.95/mo
You’ll never need to remember or type your passwords again.
Roboform has been around since 1998 … yeah, a long time, and continues to compete with new competitors such as LastPass and Dashlane.
Roboform’s like many other entries on this list offers a wide set of features including:
- A Password Generator with customizable advanced settings
- The ability to share your login information with a particular person and/or person via the help of the recipient and/or recipients email address.
- One click form filling of basic information you insert into forms on a regular basis
- Passwords stored in a highly encrypted format aka technobabble “AES-256 bit encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256″.
Roboform’s unlike our previous entry on this list offers both Free and 2 premium subscription plans. Their plans include the Anywhere Plan which starts at $19.95 per year and the Family plan for $39.90 per year.
The Free plan features :
- Unlimited logins
- Fills forms for frequent form info
- Password audits and Password generator which should be sufficient for the average user.
The Premium plan also provides you with the additional features of Access to all devices, Account data backup, Premium 24/7 support, and 5 everywhere users.
RoboForm is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android Operating systems. RoboForm supports major browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
3MacAfee True Key | Free and Premium at $19.99/mo
Sign in without passwords. Sign in to True Key with your face or fingerprint. True Key logs you in everywhere else.
This new entity had Intel keep 49% ownership while TPG Capital and Thoma Bravo held the rest of the stakes.
The Service lacks the password sharing of other entries on this list and also has a limited platform and browser availability.
It makes up for these issues by providing convenient ways to login aimed squarely at Multifactor based logins via features such as:
- Password Vault along with a customer password generator when adding new accounts to the vault
- Multi-Factor Facial, Fingerprint/Touch and/or Master password authentication
- Colour coded secure notes
- Wallet storage of valuable info as Social security, drivers license, passport, credit card etc.
MacAfee’s True Key offers users the opportunity to store15 passwords for free and a $19.99 per year upgrade for Unlimited Storage and more.
True Key is available on Windows and macOS as a browser extension for Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. There is however no support for Safari on macOS, PC, or iOS(which is not the fault of their own).
There are also Apps for Android and iOS which feature their internal browser with added support for various Apps and popular browsers on your device for instant login.
2Dashlane | Free and premium at $2.49/mo
Never forget another password, Never misplaced, Never forgotten, Dashlane securely remembers all of your passwords.
Dashlane has been on the password management scene in 2012 with a refreshing user interface. They have a very simple and easy-to-use UI, which is no doubt makes them the envy of other Password Managers. It is this fact which has earned Dashlane a lot of praise.
Their service features:
- password sharing capabilities
- password generator, to generate complicated passwords
- easy auto-login
- wallet vault for credit card and payment info
- multi-password changing
- form auto-filling
- a log of Online purchases
Dashlane is free to use with storage of up to 50 passwords. If you need to store more passwords (Unlimited Passwords) and gain access to additional features such as password syncing then you will need to upgrade to one of their Business or Premium plans.
Personal Plans start as low as $2.49 per month and as high as $5.99 per month.
Business Plans on the other hand start at either $5 per user per month for the Team plan or $8 per user per month for the Enterprise plan.
The Platform makes it very easy to use across multiple device types by being available on Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS.
1LastPass | Free and Premium at $4/mo
Simplify your life. LastPass remembers all your passwords, so you don’t have to.
Popular among Password Managers, Lastpass has the lowest and most flexible Pricing Model with plans as low as $3 per month for Premium and Family at $4 per month.
The service features:
- Password Vault, where once your password is saved, it made available on all your other devices.
- Digital Record storage which stores Wif password, Insurance cards, membership etc and notes easily and securely.
- Auto-fill profiles which will fill in various frequently used info you out into forms
- Password generator which customizable enables passwords of various strengths/levels
- Safe and Secure Password and Notes sharing
- A wide array of two-factor authentication methods
Much like Dashlane, LastPass offers a mass password-changing feature. It will notify users if/when any services they use have been hacked/compromised thanks to their Notification system.
Lastpass has been my password manager for a while due to the wide available platforms the service extends.
LastPass supports Windows, Android, macOS, Linux, and iOS, and has plugins for Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and Firefox.
Always remember that password managers don’t guarantee security and using one across the various platforms you use daily can only ease the time it takes to log in, security and productivity.
You should in addition to using a password manager also enable 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) and respective primary accounts such as Your Bank, Investment Apps, Google, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft just to name a few.
Which of these password managers do you believe is the best? Is there a password manager we didn’t include which you believe should have been included in this list?
Leave your questions and feedback in the comment section below and feel free to follow us on social media for more content just like this one.
BITVoxy.com participates in affiliate programs to help cover hosting costs and other operating expenses. We may earn/receive a small percentage of sales(Commission) from affiliate links. Learn more.