Reggie Fils-Aimé, Tim Schafer, Phil Spencer and more will speak and present as New York Videogame Critics Circle honors best games and journalism of 2021
- Notable guests include:
- Reggie Fils-Aimé, co-emcee and former president at Nintendo of America
- Phil Spencer, ceo of Microsoft Gaming
- Tim Schafer, recipient of the Andrew Yoon Legend Award, and founder and game designer at Double Fine Productions
- Very special appearance by Michelle Zauner from Japanese Breakfast
- Devin Delliquanti and Daniel Radosh, writers from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- Voice actors from Resident Evil Village, Maggie Robertson and Nicole Tompkins
- Musical performances from Saturday Night Live guitarist Maddie Rice, and Ollie Milford
- Many more games industry luminaries
Pre-show starts at 7:30 p.m. ET with Geoff Keighley discussing the Circle’s valuable work in underserved communities, along with a Game of the Year panel discussion with NYVGCC critics.
As a virtual event, tickets to the NY Game Awards this year are free. Donations to support the NYVGCC’s work helping the local community can be made here(https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/3378136).
The NYC Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) will announce additional recognition and support for The New York Videogame Critics Circle (NYVGCC) and their charitable works in the community.
“We are looking forward to coming together online to celebrate the video game industry, the people who make games and the people who write about them,” said Harold Goldberg, executive director and founder, NYVGCC.
The NYVGCC, a nonprofit promoting awareness of, and education for, video games, writing and journalism in the New York City area, hosts the annual award program to celebrate the industry, its creators and the NYVGCC members and students, as well as fundraise for the NYVGCC scholarship programs.
BITVoxy.com participates in affiliate programs to help cover hosting costs and other operating expenses. We may earn/receive a small percentage of sales(Commission) from affiliate links. Learn more.