Medival city-builder, Civitatem is now available for PC, publisher Mill Games and developer LW Games have announced. The title will be available on Steam on 1 August 2022 at $12.99 / £10.29 / €12.99 with a 10% launch discount.
The game was released as Early Access on Steam back on May 18, 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam Description.
What is Civitatem?
Civitatem is a medieval city builder where you help your villagers raise a new settlement in dangerous lands, by making use of their skills and available world resources. Shape the future of your people, by managing and assigning the most skilled villager for each task. Educate them and research new technologies, fight off the natural elements or raiders, explore the land for new villages to develop new trade routes, acquire new technologies and develop diplomatic relations.
The most important resource is your villagers, each specialized in some areas, gaining experience each time they perform a task. Educate them in schools and libraries to allow them to perform more complex tasks and jobs. Besides education, the health of your people is imperative, so herbalists and doctors are also quite important.
- Procedural Maps – Territory Maps and Land maps are procedurally generated along with the resources.
- Villager Needs – Each villager has a certain number of needs for him to survive. Not fulfilling his needs like having access to food, shelter and water, might lead to the villager’s death or him and his family departing your lands.
- Dynamic Events – Every season is a challenge. From a chance to being raided by some greedy raiders, getting attacked by wildlife or experiencing a natural disaster, there is no time to relax, unless you are prepared. Not all events are negative. There are also positive events that might help your village grow faster.
- Seasons, Day and Night cycle and Weather – Seasons are important due to weather, temperature and times to harvest and plant crops.
- Research System – By educating and acquiring books for your people you can develop new technologies ranging from military to farming and architecture. Some technologies will be unlocked only when you perform certain actions.
- Territory Exploration and Diplomacy – Besides your territory, you can send scouts to search the land for other villages and points of interest with which you can interact, providing rewards ranging from acquiring new books for your libraries to developing trade treaties or other diplomatic relations.
The game was created by one-man indie developer studio, LW Games which was formed in 2013 by George Neguceanu. George has been working in the gaming industry for several years and wanted to try his luck on his own with the goal of creating unique and niche-based games for PC.
Civitatem’s Teaser Trailer
Civitatem’s Official Alpha 1 Gameplay Teaser Trailer