The Matterport Capture app is now out now avaialable on the Apple App store. The app allows users to create, edit and share high fidelity 3D digital twins of any physical space with the power of your iPhone.
Matterport gives Real Estate Agents, Designers and more are an awesome tool which includes embedded notes, links, labels and/or videos within this shareable representation of physical space. Visitors, in a nutshell, can visit these spaces in immersive 3D anywhere without being there in person. The app even allows the measuring of digital walls, doors, windows and furniture, making the measurements and dimensions of the entire space valuable.
The app is made possible by Cortex‘s AI platform and patented deep learning neural network which analyzes the 3D Spatial data captured from Matterport’s flagship Pro2 camera and a wide variety of third party devices including Lidar cameras, 360 cameras, and now smartphones.
This AI platform has been battled-tested with millions of space being captured in the past which has to lead to more accurate and consistent 3D Digital twins. Cortex further handles complex operations such as 2D to 3D reconstructions, advanced image processing, automatic color correction, object and room labeling, and more.
Cortex/App even takes in takes into account the people within the generated 3D Spatial environment and will automatic face blurring for privacy.
Here are a couple of ways the app can be used once downloaded, the Matterport Capture app can be used immediately in a number of powerful ways:
- Real estate agents can scan a property almost as easily as taking photos with their iPhone, to create and publish an accurate 3D digital twin of a property listing
- Homeowners can share a digital twin of their kitchen to get a quote for a remodel or scan damage to send to their insurance company for a more accurate estimate for repair.
- iPhone users can freely share their digital twins with friends and colleagues, along with prospective tenants, owners, and more.
- Interior designers can capture a space and take it with them to make sure furnishings fit.
- Contractors can efficiently document stages of progression during the construction or renovation process.
- Property owners can create an immersive virtual tour of their spaces to improve their booking rate on rental sites.
- Businesses can easily capture a 3D digital twin of their office to help with recruiting, hiring, wayfinding, space planning and building company culture.
- And anyone can capture and share places that are important to them — whether it’s a special room in their home, a favorite spot they frequent, or an incredible space they experienced on vacation.
RJ Pittman, Matterport’s CEO is quoted as saying “With billions of square feet captured in more than 80 countries, Matterport has created the standard for 3D capture to digitize the built world. Today marks our first step to empower billions of smartphone users to try Matterport for themselves,” and further added, “Matterport for iPhone introduces the world to our advanced spatial data capture and Cortex AI technologies in an easy-to-use app that enables anyone to capture and share 3D spaces with friends, family or colleagues.”
The app is now available on the Apple App Store for both the iPhone and support for iPads.
If you buy something from a BITVoxy link, BITVoxy Digital Media may earn a commission. Learn more.