Gigapocalypse has now exited Steam Early Access, getting its full PC release today.
The game that PC Invasion said “is absolutely worth it”, has new monsters and maps to celebrate this landmark, as well as a 33% discount on Steam until November 17th.
Inspired by Kaiju monster movies like Godzilla and King Kong, as well as video game classic Rampage, Gigapocalypse gives players a roster of monsters, or “Gigas”, to choose from as you reduce cities to rubble to a pumping heavy metal soundtrack and create your own monster apocalypse.
With every run you undertake to try and get to each location’s boss, your Giga will become more powerful as you earn mutation points. You can spend these points to upgrade your Giga with new mutations, skills, skins, and even up to five tiny minion pets who will accompany on your outings of urban destruction. Take care of your Giga in Tamagotchi-style minigames and decorate your Giga’s home with cool items that will improve your Giga and make them more menacing.
With the full release of Gigapocalypse, three new Gigas have been added to the game. “The Old Gods” Khong’ Gho, Annonam, and Ezer join three prehistoric monstrosities and three horrors from outer space to give players a host of unique monsters to choose from. Two new maps – Metro Dome and Eternal City – complete a roster of fun city locations ranging from the Wild West to the modern-day for you to tear down.
- Nine Gigas with unique distinctive abilities
- Six beautifully detailed stages based on earth’s historical and future timeline
- Customize your Giga and define your own destruction style
- Themed enemies and buildings
- Epic and hilarious boss fights
- Unlockable pets, skills and mutations
- Quests and secrets
- Fast paced action with simple controls
- Satisfying visual destruction in cute pixel art style
- Lore based on existing myths and cryptozoology
- Easy to approach, addictive gameplay style
- Heavy-Rock soundtrack – if it’s too loud, you’re too old!
The game is the work of Goody Gameworks, an indie game studio run by solo developer Goody Pundit and Headup Games, a hybrid games publishing and development company providing players worldwide with the best content in the independent gaming sector.
Gigapocalypse will be available on Steam and Apple Arcade.
BITVoxy.com participates in affiliate programs to help cover operating expenses. We may earn/receive a small percentage of sales(Commission) from affiliate links. Learn more.