A Tropical Storm watch has been issued for the Central Bahamas and Jamaica as Tropical Storm Chantal heads west at 29 mph with maximum sustained winds of 45 mph.
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica has reported that at 10:00 am the centre of Tropical Storm Chantal was located near Latitude 16.5 degrees North, Longitude 72.0 degrees West, or about 470 kilometres (290 miles) east-southeast of Morant Point, Jamaica or 245 kilometres (155 miles) south-southwest of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Jamaica should feel the effects of the Tropical Storm tonight.
Are You Prepared? leave those and other comments below.
- Tropical Storm Chantal nears Dominican Republic, Haiti, creating flooding fears – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Tropical Storm Chantal On Its Way (bahamasfinder.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica under storm watch as weaker Chantal approaches (caribbean360.com)
- Tropical Storm Chantal tracking toward Florida (TBO.com)
- Tropical Storm Chantal weakens, could become tropical wave (al.com)
- Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Tropical-Storm-watch-issued-for-Jamaica2013-07-10T08-47-10#ixzz2YftU0oEP