Banished Inspired city-builder, Settlement Survival from Gleamer studios has arrived on Steam for only $14.99. This introduction follows a hugely Steam Next Fest where the game was one of the most downloaded, wishlisted and demo of the festival.
The game creators, Gleamer Studios invites players to lead their survivors in search of a new home, 4 days early.
The game offers seasoned city-building enthusiasts and new city-builders a great city building experience. Players can easily to manipulate the landscape, manage limited supplies, plant crops, hunt wildlife, gather resources, and develop trade routes.
A great differentiator for the game compared to its inspiration, Banished, is its low-poly graphics.
The game also features weather cycles and natural disasters that directly impacts your settlement, from torrential rain and heavy snowstorms to tornadoes and fires, players will need to be aware of the early warning signs to survive.
You can even combine rare Blueprints for unique builds, complex development routes for new buildings and abilities, and town mayors who determine the character of your home.
The management of your citizens within Settlement Survival is all down to how you set things up.
Settlement Survival Features:
- Find Your Home. Choose where to build your settlement, sculpt its landscape and determine its layout and styling.
- Grow Your Population. Recruit Mayors to set the tone of your settlement, build housing, control crime and ensure your baby-booms don’t negatively impact your resources.
- Survive Disasters. Heed the early warning signs, bunker down and secure your citizens away from danger or risk losing all that you’ve established.
- Explore Unique Maps. With each map randomly generated, right down to its resources and landmarks, every experience is unique and brings with it its own challenges.
- Discover Rare Blueprints. Offering powerful effects, unique themes and styles, rare blueprints are an opportunity to customize your settlement even further when you’ve mastered trading.
- Develop Currency and Trade. Whether exchanging artistic items of high value, unprocessed products or unlocking the mint to create a common currency, trade is key.
Personally, This game looks like and amazing improvement on Banished, The game its was inspired by. I also love the low-poly design and the many options players like myself to create great cities.
What are you thoughts on settlement survival? share your thoughts below in our comments if your have any.