Animoca Brands has announced some significant appointments to its senior leadership.
Yat Siu has been promoted with immediate effect to the group’s Executive Chairman and Managing Director. Yat Sui has been an Animoca Brands Co-founder and a non-executive chairman of the company since the 27th of September 2018.
The promotion is well deserved given the considerable the companies transformation into a global leader of digital property rights via blockchain and NFTs.
Earlier this Year, Animoca Brands achieved a valuation of $1 billion, That’s
unicorn 🦄 status right there.
New Group President
The appointments didn’t end there, The company also appointed Evan Auyung as its group president. He brings a rich history of experience in corporate leadership and organizational scaling across his 27 years of experience spanning finance, management consulting, and corporate leadership. Serving at companies such as:
- managing director and head of international for the global expert insights at GLG where he ran and grew its business spanning Europe and Asia across 15 locations.
- deputy managing director at Kowloon Motor Bus Company (KMB), one of the world’s largest commercial public transport companies
- a board director of Transport International Holdings Limited, the parent company of KMB.
- an associate partner at McKinsey & Company, which he joined after working at Citigroup’s derivatives structuring and marketing unit.
- Evan serves on several boards as an independent non-executive director, including Sun Hung Kai & Co, Asia Financial Holdings, and Urban Renewal Authority.
- He is also the chairman of non-profit public policy think tank Civic Exchange and has been appointed as advisor/committee member to multiple civic, governmental, and non-profit organizations, including Our Hong Kong Foundation, Independent Commission Against Corruption (“ICAC”), Hong Kong Council of Social Service, and others
New CEO of North American operations
Finally, Robby Yen is Animoca Brand’s CEO of North American operations. Robby previously served as the CEO of Animoca Brands since 2014 and was a valuable part of the companies growth.
What are your thoughts on these new senior leadership appointments? leave a comment below.